ATHENS & EPIDAURUS FESTIVALAudiences are strongly advised to arrive in time, namely 1-1,5 hour before the start of the performance, in order to avoid delay and crowding. Audiences arriving after the start of the performance will not be admitted to the venue.
Special measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the state-issued regulations, the Athens & Epidaurus Festival has ensured that special measures will be applied to its performance venues active this summer in order to protect the health of those present in the venues (audiences, artists, employees). Given that advance booking has already started, we would like to inform the public that all events will be carried out with the utmost safety, under very strict regulations.
More specifically, the Festival has adopted all health measures issued by the Greek government with regard to live events held at open-air theatres and has incorporated said measures to its set of regulations. These special measures aim at keeping audiences safe both upon entering and upon exiting the venues, as well as for the entire time they remain at the venues.
The open-air theatres that will be active during the 2020 edition of the Athens & Epidaurus Festival - the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus and the Little Theatre of Ancient Epidaurus - will have a maximum capacity of 45%, the goal being to maintain the required physical distance between audience members. All seats at both the lower and upper tier will be numbered. Tickets for individuals or groups of two, three, or four persons will be available. All tickets are personal and non-transferable.
Entrance and exit points to the theatre venues have been separated wherever possible in an attempt to minimise overcrowding outside the venues. Furthermore, upon arriving at and departing from the venues, the minimum required physical distance of 1,5 metres between individuals will be maintained by use of cordoning.
Extra chemical toilets have been placed at specially marked positions outside the theatre in order to avoid overcrowding at restroom areas. In light of that, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus canteen will be not active this year. A number of water bottles will be provided to the audience free of charge.
Special measures have also been adopted with respect to the dressing rooms and surrounding areas, ensuring good hygiene conditions for the artists participating in the events.
The Festival has proceeded to hire extra ushers and security guards to make sure all measures and regulations are kept
, and also for facilitating audiences and artists.
We ask for the audience's understanding and their cooperation in implementing measures and adhering to the regulations.
Audiences must be aware of the following:
The event organizer reserves the right to remove from the premises any ticket holder who does not comply with the aforementioned measures and regulations.You are strongly advised to purchase your tickets in advance
- The use of non-medical masks is mandatory upon entering, exiting the theatre venues AND DURING THE SHOWS. Audience members must keep their masks on.
- A minimum distance of 1,5 metres must be kept between individuals in all venue areas, including restrooms (WC), box offices, merchandise stands etc.
- Crowding in all public areas must be avoided. It must be stressed that audiences will not be allowed to linger in the public areas outside the venues (such as the square in front of the Odeon of Herodes Atticus). Audiences will only be allowed to pass through these areas on their way to the ticket checkpoints.
- Only one person per time will be allowed to wait in line at each ticket checkpoint - excluding ticket holders for groups of two, three or four seats. In all such cases, two persons may wait in line at the ticket checkpoints.
- Audiences are expressly prohibited from occupying seats other than those specifically stated on their tickets. Moving portable seats (numbered cushions etc) is also prohibited, given that all seats are numbered and designated in compliance with the physical distance instructions that have been issued by the health authorities.
- Audiences must comply with the instructions of the Festival's security staff and ushers.
, either online, by phone or at the box office.