A festival for women, feminities and non-binary people
April 1-3, 2023, at the SNFCC
From the 1st to the 3rd of April, 2023, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is presenting the first WOW - Women of the World Festival in Greece. The festival is staged in cooperation with the UK-based WOW Foundation, the world's largest event dedicated to women, girls and non-binary people. WOW Foundation was founded by Jude Kelly in 2010, when the first WOW Festival took place at Southbank Centre, London. Since then, WOW Foundation has organized festivals and events in more than 30 cities across six continents, attracting 5 million people.
WOW Athens, presented in Greece in cooperation with the British Council and the support of British Embassy Athens, includes speeches by Greek and foreign guests, discussions, exhibitions, workshops, mentoring sessions, educational programs, concerts, and much more, in an ambitious event aiming to empower women and feminities in tackling the barriers and inequalities they encounter daily, and celebrate the victories won to date as well as the people behind them and their inspiring stories. Diverse and interdisciplinary, the festival focuses on present-day Greek reality, while also looking at shared concerns and challenges from across the globe.
WOW Festival Pass provides access to three days of panel discussions, talks, speed-mentoring sessions, screenings, pop-ups and workshops.
During the festival, key issues will be highlighted in a series of panel discussions hosting prominent Greek and foreign women speakers. Indicatively, the following topics will be addressed:
· Justice vs. Justification: Sexual violence inside and outside the courtroom - in cooperation with Diotima.
· Expectations and stereotypes for women's appearance - Body Positivity
· Sexist speech and gender stereotypes in the public sphere
· Women's sex life (sex education, sexual health, female desire, orgasm gap)
· Gender stereotypes in sports
· Invisible work and feminization of care work
· Gender stereotypes and sexism in the music industry
· Women's representations in the work of Greek women creators
· Maternity and self-determination in reproduction
· Women's entrepreneurship
· Financial literacy as a tool for women's empowerment
· Women in policy making
In addition, a unique experience for participants will be offered by the speed-mentoring sessions, where women and non-binary people of various social backgrounds and ages, at any stage of their career, can meet with the objective of inspiring and supporting each other. Mentors come from all professional backgrounds, and this is a great opportunity to use their expertise to help other women overcome their challenges.
WOW Festival Pass 2023 - Choose-What-You-Pay
With Choose-What-You-Pay ticketing, you decide what's right for you. We offer a suggested ticket price of 30€, as well as options to pay more or less. The minimum ticket price is 5€.
1. The purchase of the Festival Pass offers access to WOW Festival events, with the exception of the following, for which a separate ticket is required (Information on the page of each event):
2. To secure your attendance to events for which the purchase of a Festival Pass is required, you will need, after purchase, to pre-register online for each event you wish to attend. The online pre-registration form will be sent to the email you provided when purchasing the Festival Pass.
3. Pre-sale is required. Purchasing on site is not available.
4. The purchase of a Festival Pass is not necessary for children up to 4 years old. Age limits that may apply due to the event's content will be indicated on each event page.